This section tells you about how we use information that you supply to us and as a user of our website SoManyCars.com. We aim to comply with the applicable obligations of current Data Protection legislation in England & Wales. Please also refer to our main Website User Terms and Terms & Conditions.
1 YOUR SECURITY
All information we hold is stored electronically in a secure way. If you need more information or have any comments or queries about your privacy please e-mail us at insert e-mail address
2 YOUR INFORMATION
(1) You are responsible for providing valid, accurate and up to date information.
(2) When you give us information about another individual or organisation it is on the basis that you confirm that they have specifically agreed to this and understand how and why their information will be used.
3 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Please read this section carefully since once you use the websites you will be regarded as having given your consent to the following:-
Since we may not be able to provide the services or products that you require, we will pass your information on to associates, which means any third party person or organisation with whom we are associated in any way unless you have asked us not to do this. Loans are not provided by us, we merely refer you to organisations regulated by the Financial Services Authority to provide loans.
Dependent on the products and services you require, your information may be passed to the Financial Services Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring and to other third parties where necessary for our associates to provide products and services to you.
Identify you when you contact us
May be used to carry out certain credit checks through licensed credit-referencing agencies and a record of this search will be made on your credit profile.
Carry out business processes such as valuing your vehicle or assisting you with buying or selling a vehicle so we can provide or assist you in obtaining such products and services which you require:
To process a transaction between you and an associate, a third party
Run our website and our business efficiently
To make sure that we satisfy your requests and to improve our service through the training of our staff, we may monitor and record any communication between you and us.
For marketing purposes we may share your information with organisations with whom we are associated so that they can contact you about their services and/or products which we think you may be interested in. For example, if we are not able to purchase your vehicle then we will pass on your details to an associate organisation.
We may disclose your information if required to by an order of the Court or by legislation.
If you do not want to receive this information then please just write to us at the trading address provided in section 8
4 OTHER INFORMATION AND COOKIES
(2) Since associates and other third parties are involved we always advise you to ensure that you are aware of their privacy policies.
5 YOUR CONSENT
By using our website, you consent to the information you provide being used by us, particularly for any of the purposes described in this policy, except where you have chosen to opt out of being contacted by us or third parties.
6 OBTAINING A COPY OF OR CORRECTING YOUR DATA
(1) If you want to see a copy of what data we hold, please contact us, in writing, using our address which appears at the end of this policy. You will need to let us have your full name and let us have enough information to confirm your identity and pay the administrative fee. Currently £10
(2) If you want us to update or correct any data we hold about you please contact us, in writing, using our address which appears at the end of this policy.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy, which take effect when posted on our website.
8 OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Carbay Ltd, whose trading address is Grape Mill, Holden Fold Land, Royton, OL25LW, a company registered in England & Wales, company number 5509357.